Recently updated to version 2.0, my number 1 camera replacement app PureShot, now supports exposure bracketing. Whilst this update includes much more than just the 3-shot exposure bracket option (see full list below), it is this option, and this option alone that has exited me. Why? Well, this new feature opens up the world of real HDR to the iPhoneographer. Whilst there are other apps out there that create HDR images directly on the iPhone, these are generally created from just 2 images, whereas, PureShot captures 3. Now I know PureShot can’t create its own HDR images, but with the aid of plugins like Nik Software’s HDR Efex Pro 2 for Aperture or LightRoom, and a tripod like the JOBY GripTight Micro Stand, you can create impressive and more controllable HDR images on your computer, as my samples below show.
If you don’t have access to the above applications, then you could try Mobile HDR. Mobile HDR is a universal app for your iDevice that lets you create HDR images from 3 photos, using the apps multilevel HDR processing engine. One thing you should note about Mobile HDR, and that is, the results can be a bit hit and miss with the alignment of the 3 frames.
- three (3) frames multilevel HDR processing engine
- automatic and manual ghosts removal
- composition filters (Natural, Vignette, Dynamic, Vibrant, Sky Map™)
- anisotropic alignment for handheld HDR shooting
- HDR enhancement (tone mapping)
- post-processing color adjustment
- adjustable parameters
- automatic reference image detection
- 16 Mpx (and more) compatible
So, back to PureShot, and here is what’s new and improved in version 2.0.
- The menu system has been redesigned for greater speed
- New background saving hugely extends the shot buffer
- New 3-shot burst and 3-shot exposure bracket options
- Maximize viewfinder for iPhone and iPod touch with 3.5-inch screens
- Loads of performance and efficiency tweaks
- Much, much more…
PureShot [App Store Link] from developer Mike Hardaker has just been updated to version 1.2, and with it comes one of my requested features, that old school, 35mm film style 3:2 crop ratio. This new crop, (which is perfect for printing 6×4 prints) joins the apps standard 4:3 and square 1:1 ratios, is easily selected by another one of the apps new features, the on-camera crop selection button.
In addition to these new features, there are some general performance tweaks, an updated user guide, and the southern hemisphere on-screen GPS errors have been fixed.
If you’ve been experiencing booting problems with your jailbroken iDevice, then a new update to the evasi0n 6.x Untether may be of sincere interest to you. evasi0n Untether version 0.4-1 was recently released in Cydia, and it brings with it fixes to booting problems that were happening during some reboots.
If you’ve been experiencing booting issues, then you should head over to Cydia right now, and upgrade your evasi0n Untether package.(…)
Read the rest of evasi0n updated to version 0.4 in Cydia
Iphone 4 Att on eBay:Apple iPhone 4S - 16GB White (AT&T) Smartphone
|$300.00 (3 Bids)|
End Date: Wednesday Jun-19-2013 1:04:46 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list
The report also calls for an iPad Mini with a Retina display.
The much-anticipated Google Maps for iOS is finally here. The app offers iOS 6 users who are unhappy with Apple’s in-house Maps app an opportunity to switch back to Google’s map platform. The new app includes turn-by-turn navigation, public transit directions, Google local search and more.
There are a number of features and tidbits that come with Google Maps for iOS as well. Here’s a selection.
– Jesse Hollington notes on Twitter that Google Maps is now a transit routing app option that is linked from Apple’s Maps app.
– Google has created the Google Maps for iOS SDK, which allows developers to feature Google Maps in their applications rather than Apple Maps. Developers can do this in two ways. The first uses a URL scheme so developers can have their apps launch Google Maps to complete a search, show a map or Street View imagery, or view walking, driving and public transportation navigation easily. There are also API keys that allow developers to feature information like traffic navigation and general maps navigation.
– Google’s blog post on the app notes that Google Maps for iOS supports iOS 5.1 and higher, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. Apple’s turn-by-turn voice navigation does not support iOS 5 and those two iPhone models.
– A horizontal two-finger swipe allows you to access a menu that shows traffic, public transit, satellite view and Google Earth (which sends you to the Google Earth app).
– The app is available for 40 countries in 29 different languages, according to Google’s blog post.
Notes from David Pogue’s Review:
– Google’s point-of-interest database allows you, for example, to read a restaurant review on Zagat, read the menu, book reservations and see interior photos at 100 restaurants.
– Pogue also notes there’s a Compass Mode that allows you, at certain locations, to move your phone around and allow you to see the interior of a business on your screen.
– Google has added some Google Earth features to the iOS app, including the entire photographic model of the Earth and its oceans
– Pogue mentions that Google admits that the iOS app is better than the Android version in terms of design. The Verge says that Google told them that they took everything they learned about design and used it for this app.
– iPad version is coming
iOS version is available as a free download from the App Store. [iTunes Link]
Following up on its announcement regarding Retina display support for Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator CS6, Adobe today announced additional major upgrades to its Creative Cloud subscription service. The upgrades, which are currently exclusive to Creative Cloud subscribers, are headlined by a number of upgrades to Adobe’s flagship Photoshop application.
- Immediate support for HiDPI (Retina) displays for Apple MacBook Pro. This feature was also made available to perpetual license customers as a free update.
– Smart Object support for Blur Gallery and Liquify.
– The ability to quickly export CSS code for text and objects, and import color swatches to easily design incredible websites.
– New workflow timesavers including Crop tool refinements.
– 3D enhancements including improved live (OpenGL) previews of shadow effects and additional control over illumination using 32-bit color picker to create glow effects.
– Conditional Actions that automatically select the appropriate Action based on user-defined rules, giving users enhanced image processing speed.
Creative Cloud has also been enhanced with a new version designed to support teams of users, updates to the Adobe Muse web design tools, a new Creative Cloud Connection desktop syncing app, and new training tools.
Finally, Adobe is promoting a demo of its Digital Publishing Suite, Single Edition at its Create Now event today. The software helps designers create digital publications for the iPad using many of the same tools used by major publishers to bring their content to the App Store.
Adobe’s Create Now event begins at 10:00 AM Pacific / 1:00 PM Eastern and will be streamed live on the Creative Cloud Facebook page.
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
- 4 GB (two 2GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
- 1 TB (5400-rpm) hard drive
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
FORMS PR 2581N+ 9-WIRE-WCAR DOTPRVistaQuest VQ-9100 Blue-WATERPROOF UP TO 3 METERS UNDER THE WATER, DIGITAL CAMCORDER, DIGITAL STILL CAMERA, REMOVABLE DISKDRIVER, 12.0 MEGA PIXELS, COLOR 2.4 TFT LCD, 8X DIGITAL ZOOM, UP TO 30FPS @ VGA WITH SOUND, SD CARDUP TO 8GB, 2 X AAA BATTERY
2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
500GB hard drive1
Intel HD Graphics 4000
OS X Mountain Lion
Intel Core i7-3517U 1.90GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.00GHz Processor; 13.3″ LED To
List Price: $ 799.00
Price: $ 774.00
- Faster Flash Storage; USB 3.0; 720p FaceTime HD Camera
- 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor
- 64 GB Solid State Drive; 4 GB DDR3 RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 4000; 11.6-inch LED Display
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
Expect everything. From a notebook that weighs almost nothing.With the latest Intel Core i5 processor, up to 60 percent faster graphics, and faster flash storage, MacBook Air packs a lot of features into an astonishing 2.38 pounds. New Intel Core i5 processor. A big shift in power.Integrating a faster processor, more powerful graphics, and a memory controller into a single chip makes for some serious performance. The new Intel HD Graphics 4000 offers up to 60 percent faster graphics – performanc
List Price: $ 999.00
Price: $ 880.00
Related Iphone 4 Release Date Products
Facebook has just updated their app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to version 5.1 which brings with it updates to make chat easier to access, a way to add favorites to the top of your chat panel, multi-photo upload, and more. Unfortunately, many users are reporting multiple issues with the new update as well.
The update release notes are as follows -
Now it’s easier to chat with your friends and share multiple photos. – Swipe left anywhere in the app to quickly see who’s available and send a message – Add friends you message most to the top of your Favorites – Share multiple photos fast – Give real gifts to your friends using Facebook Gifts (US-only) – When sending messages, see who’s active so you and your friends know how soon to expect a reply
While the ability to upload multiple photos at once may be cause for celebration for some Facebook users, others are wishing they wouldn’t have updated at all. We’ve received several reports from readers claiming that after the update they were unable to log in at all or the “Recent Updates” section of the update was blank.
Some users have reported that uninstalling the app and re-installing it fixed the issue while others aren’t having any luck. If you’ve updated Facebook for iOS to version 5.1, are you experiencing any issues? If so, let us know what issues you’re having in the comments.